Corporate Commercial Law
Breaking Down the Complexities of Corporate Law
How can we help you?
BKS Law’s experience and understanding of deals in British Columbia create practical solutions for dispositions and acquisitions, changes in legal structure, and management of regulatory risks. We represent privately held companies, strategic acquirers, family offices and other investors and ensure that they achieve maximum tax savings.
Developing a relationship with our clients means that we add value by identifying key drivers and trends and establishing long-term safeguards that will help our clients navigate and grow their businesses. From tax to disclosure and regulatory compliance, we provide legal solutions that may arise during:
- Purchase and sale of businesses, including advising on options for sale structures and tax implications.
- Incorporations, including preparation of beneficial share structures, corporate registrations, and the maintenance of corporate records.
- Franchising, including setting up franchise systems, reviewing franchise documentation and purchase of a franchised business.
- Negotiations of employment contracts.
- Corporate reorganizations and restructurings.
- Planning for business succession.
- Drafting and reviewing business contracts.
Experience You Can Trust
Our legal team, led by Kim Karras, includes experienced staff dedicated to offering clients timely attention and personal service. We advise business owners through all stages of the business’s development and succession whether you are starting, growing, or selling your company.