Corporate Commercial Law
Drafting and Reviewing Commercial Contracts: Protecting Your Business Interest
Business Contracts for New and Growing Venture
Even if you are entering a business with an acquaintance, an associate or a relative, a detailed written contract is essential to set out each person’s rights and obligations. It is important to be clear on the terms of your contract and to customize them to meet your business needs. Templated contracts often do not account for the unique needs of your business. At BKS Law, we make sure your contracts meet the specifics of your transaction or agreement and identify risks so there are no surprises down the road.
We approach your contract with your needs in mind. Whether it is a closely held family business, a franchise, or a corporation, we help you determine the types of contracts needed to meet your business goals. We can also review any standard contracts that your business needs to succeed such as:
- Shareholders, co-ownership, joint venture, or partnership agreements.
- Business purchase, asset purchase and investments agreements.
- Drafting or review of licences.
- Confidentiality agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Non-compete agreements and restrictive covenants.
- Employment contracts and independent contractor agreements.