Customized Estate Planning Advice To Meet Your Needs
An estate plan is important not only for those with complex assets and personal care needs, but also for those with relatively simple estates. At Brawn Karras & Sanderson, our estate planning lawyers will work closely with you to develop and implement the right plan for you and your family.
Located in the South Surrey-White Rock community and serving clients throughout the lower mainland, our firm provides legal support suited to your personal and business family dynamics.
Components Of An Estate Plan
An estate plan is more than just creating a will. As part of our estate planning practice, we prepare and advise on a variety of estate planning tools, including:
- The preparation of wills, testamentary trusts and insurance trusts
- Powers of attorney
- Health care directives
- Representation agreements
- Trusts, including alter-ego, joint partner and family trusts
- Business succession, corporate reorganizations and estate freezes
- Probate fee reduction strategies
Assistance For Blended Families: Our legal team can help you resolve issues related to children from a previous relationship, new spouses and the preservation of assets from a first marriage.
The Importance Of Creating Your Estate Plan
At BKS Law, we will take the time to discuss your estate planning options and fully explain the legal, financial and tax implications of those options.
Having an estate plan, which includes a properly drafted will, allows you to control:
- How your property will be distributed after death
- Who will be responsible for administering your affairs
- Who will act as guardian of your minor children
- Trusts for beneficiaries with disabilities or other unique needs
If you do not have a will in place, provincial legislation determines how your property is distributed on death, and the result may not be what you would expect or choose.
Legal Advice You Can Trust
Our firm’s principal, Kim Karras, has extensive experience in the area of estate planning and administration, having focused on this area throughout her career.