Effective Legal Advocacy For Estate Disputes
It can be emotionally frustrating to dispute how estate assets are to be divided amongst surviving family members, friends or charitable organizations, especially when significant amounts are involved. An experienced lawyer is needed to assess the situation and the values at issue, as well as develop a legal strategy that protects your interests.
The lawyers at Brawn Karras & Sanderson know and understand the complexities of estate litigation. Our thorough understanding of the law ensures that we are well-equipped to fight for what you deserve.
We Fight For What Is Most Important To You
We will work with you to identify the goals you want to achieve from your situation and help to protect what matters most to you. We represent both estate trustees and beneficiaries and advocate on their behalf on issues such as:
- Misuse of estate assets by the estate trustee
- Wills variation claims
- Validity of the will
- Actions of the estate trustee
- Rightful ownership of assets bequeathed or gifted in the will
- Identifying assets that belong to the estate
Disputes Over Trusts And Powers Of Attorney
Our lawyers can assist you with concerns that arise while an individual is alive, but not capable of managing his or her own affairs. We can help if you are disputing:
- The actions of a power of attorney (POA)
- Decision-making abilities in the absence of a designated POA
- How a trust is being administered
- Long-term health and financial management of an incapacitated individual
Helping You Resolve Your Estate Disputes
We work with many families in will preparation and estate administration. We understand what is at stake for you and your family. Our role is to help you protect what matters most to you when estate disputes arise.