B.A. (Hons), B.C.L., JD, TEP
Brooke Fernandes’ practice focuses on the areas of wills, trusts and estates, with demonstrated niche interests in advanced planning for health/personal care and digital assets. A trusted advisor to individuals, families and private business owners, Brooke provides creative, practical and cost-effective planning structures to meet her clients’ needs and objectives that minimize risks and taxes. She takes the time to understand her clients’ wishes and circumstances, including family dynamics and relationships, while recognizing that many of them work with multiple advisors.
Brooke also represents executors and administrators in all stages of estate administration and applications for estate grants.
Brooke lives in Surrey. To build community amongst like-minded individuals, she, with some friends, launched “Future Leaders Network” (“FLN”). FLN aims to create a space for future leaders to connect and collaborate.
At the end of the workday, you will most likely find Brooke a few blocks away from the office, training at South Surrey’s premiere CrossFit box.
- Presenter, An Estate Planner’s Primer to Digital Assets, Canadian Bar Association, May 28, 2020
- Presenter, Leaving Legacy: End of Life Conversations, November 30, 2019
Articles and Publications:
- “Digital Assets – You’ve Likely Got ‘Em Now!”, BKS Law Article, June 2020
- “Wait… That Wasn’t Meant For You!”, BKS Law Article, November 2019
- “MAID I Do That – Medical Assistance in Dying”, BKS Law Article, June 2019
- TEP, 2020 Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Canada
- B.C.L./LL.B., 2016 McGill University
- B.A., International Studies (Honours), 2013 Trinity Western University
Memberships & Associations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association, Wills, Estates and Trust Section, Executive Member, 2019 – Present
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioner (STEP), 2020 – Present
- STEP Digital Assets Global Special Interest Group
- The Fraser Valley Estate Planning Council
- Fraser Health’s Regional Partnership Network